Summer is here in all it's beauty and heat! Of course summer is an incredible time to get married in the mountains but here's our list of ten things you need to think about for your summer wedding.
- Heat is exhausting. Think about how much you are asking your guests to stand or walk outside in the heat, especially if your guests are from out of town and aren't used to the elevation change of the mountains either. Provide seating or special transportation if necessary.
- Heat makes you sweat. It's hard to look sexy or gorgeous when you feel like you're dripping in sweat. Keep a travel-sized deodorant handy, some blotting papers for your face and spray your feet with anti-perspirant too (this will help them feel fresh, stop them from smelling and getting blisters).
- Keep those sunnies handy. Please don't wear your sunglasses during your ceremony or photos but put them on in between events. It's a great idea to have some cheap sunglasses for your guests too.
- Humidity-proof your hair with anti-frizz and moisture-resistant products. Be sure to check with your hairstylist about this beforehand.
- Put sunscreen on your nose and anywhere else you may turn a little red once you've been outside. You don't want to look like rudolph in your photos.
- Help your guests with bugs. Citronella candles and bug spray for your guests will help keep them comfortable if they will be outside for any length of time.
- Shade is necessary. Provide parasols, awnings or somewhere shady for your guests if they will be outside for any length of time.
- Hydrate yourself and your guests. Keep water at every turn for you and your guests. Add some cucumbers, lemons or berries to make the water fancier, but either way it's a necessity on a hot summer day.
- Choose summer-friendly food. If your guests have been in the summer heat refreshing summer food will be a welcomed treat at your reception. Think about fresh fruit and light salads instead of creamy or heavy foods.
- Play up summer. Hire an ice cream truck or mini-donut stand, serve popsicles and lemonade. If you're having a summer wedding you can take advantage of all the things people love about summer and your guests are sure to leave with a huge smile on their face.
Beautiful image provided by Edmonton wedding photographer, B.D.F.K Photography. Be sure to check-out their stunning work!
Originally from Brides.com - see more ideas here.